Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On Balance

I do not necessarily want to live a balanced life. I like the idea of my tensions and my slack being all askew, all illogically different lengths. I am shocked but still kind of love it when my sleepy and mundane life is pierced by exhilarations so ferocious that I wonder what bit me. I like the idea of being so out of balance that sometimes I topple over.

And if it means that all too often I have to sit alone and lick my own skinned knees, so be it. So be it.

2 Comments:

heather,

i shall have to contemplate your marriage proposal.

jeremy

By Blogger Jeremy Denk, at 12:59 PM  

That's a wonderful way of putting into words, something that I've also often felt. As a dancer, sometimes literally.

By Blogger One Must Have Chaos, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home