Sunday, October 28, 2007

With All the Souls

Halloween's ok, I guess, but November 1st reigns as one of my favorite days of the year. It is All Souls' Day--I hush saying the three words--and this year, I am pleased to announce that I will be playing mass in the Old Mission for what is, indeed, a holy day of obligation. (What!? You forgot? You're glad I reminded you, right?) Mission Dolores is dear to me not just because I work there but also because it features significantly in one of my favorite movies of all time. Maybe I love Vertigo because it is so San Francisco; maybe I love it for its odd quirks, scenic details, and on-the-money Wagnerian score. Or maybe I love it because Kim Novak's character visits a gravesite in the cemetary that is, yes, what I sometimes refer to as "my back yard." And this Thursday, at 7pm, I get to create the soundtrack for all the lost souls. Oooo! All souls are welcome. See you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home